Monday – Friday / 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Contributing member of our computer-aided design (CAD) & concepts for new and existing products to meet customer & product specifications, with minimal supervision.
Fully utilize AutoCAD and Revit to create/edit CAD components, assemblies and detailed mechanical drawings. Ensure compliance with required design standards, manuals, safety factors, geometric tolerances, and customer, marketing and engineering specifications.
Create Cut ticket instructions for stone specification CAM/CNC operations.
Evaluates tolerance stack-ups to insure proper fit of components and proper application of GD&T techniques. Interfaces with pattern shop maker, quality, and marketing to conduct a cross-functional design review before drawings are finalized and released for production.
Understands and implements elements of design for manufacturability (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), and design for operation (DFO) during the product design process.
2 year Technical degree or approved equivalent in the field of Drafting or Design The ability to read, write and speak fluent English is required.
- Exceptional mechanical design drafting practices, including proficiency and full compliance with ASME Standard Y14.5 – 2009 and relevant GD&T standards.
- Extensive Autodesk autoCAD with advanced features.
- Experience of REVIT autoCAD is required.
- Well verse with MS Office & Google Products.
- Understanding of BIM and 3D parameterization techniques.
- Good Interpersonal & Communication skills to work with others in the department, engineers, customers, salespersons and marketing staff.
- Ability to work independently in a team-based environment and produce quality drawings and models in a timely manner.
Construction, carpentry or curtain wall background a plus.