GRIDWORX is currently hiring a Design Draftsman in the Dallas, TX area. Must have Architectural curtain wall experience. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in planning and designing Government and Corporate projects, while demonstrating the ability to contribute to the team’s delivery of successful projects and building of client relationships. NO telecommuters.
- Contributing member of our computer-aided design (CAD) & concepts for new and existing products to meet customer & product specifications, with minimal supervision.
- Fully utilize AutoCAD and Revit to create/edit CAD components, assemblies and detailed mechanical drawings.
- Ensure compliance with required design standards, customer, and engineering specifications.
- Create Cut ticket instructions for stone specification CAM/CNC operations.
- Evaluates tolerance stack-ups to ensure proper fit of components.
- 2 year Technical degree or approved equivalent in the field of Drafting or Design
- Experience of REVIT and AutoCAD is required.
- The ability to read, write and speak fluent English is required
- Exceptional mechanical design drafting practices, including proficiency and full compliance with ASME Standard Y14.5 – 2009 and relevant GD&T standards.
- Well versed with MS Office & Google Products.
- Understanding of BIM and 3D parameterization techniques.
- Good Interpersonal & Communication skills to work with others in the department, engineers, customers, salespersons and marketing staff.
- Ability to work independently in a team-based environment and produce quality drawings and models in a timely manner.
- Construction, carpentry or curtain wall background are a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Associate (Preferred)
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location